Change The Way Windows Explorer Opens



Instead of clicking through a bunch of folders to get to the one you want you.

By default, Windows Explorer opens showing the My Documents folder. To change the default setting so that
all top–level drives and folders are shown, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, then Accessories, then right–click Windows Explorer, and click Properties.

2. Under Target field, which reads %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe, add to make the line read %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,C:\

2a. Tip if you go one further and add your first file Or any file that you want to be default it will expand c.
(see examples)

3. Click OK.

I love this little trick. Now when you open Windows Explorer you get to choose from all the folders and drives, not just My Documents.
I have 3 folders on my desktop, one to c drive,one to download, and even one to my movie folder.


Before

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1144x768.



After

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x800.

0 comments: